PROFESSIONAL RUG WASHING AND RESTORATION:
Stafford | Fredericksbug and Surrounding Northern Virginia Metro Area
Experience The Difference
Our Unique Step by Step Cleaning Process
- Dusting – The dusting process is actually the most important step in the process of rug cleaning. We used an industry-best tumble duster to gently and effectively remove dry soil and contaminants within the fibers of your rug. Dry soil removal is critically important to restoring the appearance and maintaining the life of your rug. A respected study by vacuum cleaner manufacturer The Eureka Company determined that a 9 x 12 rug can hold up to 8 to 10 pounds of dry soil before looking dirty! And those deeply embedded dry soils are abrasive and saw away at rug fibers like sandpaper every time you walk across your rug! In some instances, we’ll use forced air blown through the rug if we feel we can achieve better results with your specific rug. At Madi Mae’s, we remove the dry soil from deep in the foundation of your rug with a proprietary Tumble Duster that shakes loose all the dry particulate soil that has accumulated in the rug—even crusty soils that have been embedded for years! Pounds of dry soils are safely removed completely down to the foundation of the rug without any risk of damage to the rug, fibers or fringe!
- Urine Treatment – If required, your rug will be treated for urine with wool safe enzymes to break down the urine. Next we utilize special products to stabilize the pH prior to the full immersion cleaning. You see, urine also throws off the pH of your rug and in doing so the dyes can start to bleed once the rug gets wet. Keep in mind that while the odor is typically easier to remove, pet stains and the resulting damage is often irreversible.
- Fringe Pre-Cleaning – Our detailed process can help brighten the fringe and often times return the fibers to like new again. We do not use any bleach based products which can cause damage to your cotton fringe. We also will attempt to correct dye bleed fringes that are the result of previous improper cleaning methods. Additionally, if your rug was subjected to water damage, soda, coffee and tea stains, we have the expertise to address these issues too.
- Washing – Once any pre-cleaning treatments are completed, your rug will be submerged in our unique 1,200-gallon Turkish bath wash tub. The wash tub uses a special, velocity appropriate star paddle to provide gentle agitation that mimics age old hand washing techniques. As your rug swims in the churning water, soils are removed and the appearance of your rug is renewed without the use of brushes, power spraying, scrubbing or other mechanical agitation that can damage rug fibers. Specialized cleaning detergents, and a few secret ingredients are added to aid in the cleaning process and to ensure that colors are restored to their very best appearance and that dye stability or dye transfer is never a problem.
- Spotting – Once the rug has completed its bath, we will examine the rug and perform spotting if necessary to complete the cleaning.
- Rinsing – One of the most important pieces of equipment we use is rug ringer centrifuge. Few cleaners in the world are lucky enough to possess such a machine. Your rug will be rinsed with softened water and spun at 1,000 revolutions per minute; where the remaining soap, contaminants and particles are removed safely, gently and completely!
- Drying – Your rug will be 98% dry by the time it finishes three minutes in the centrifuge, it is hung on a special rack to complete the drying phase. The new drying chamber is a sealed off area that will allow your rugs to dry even faster. Combined with the added heat and dehumidifiers inside the unit, we can offer some of the fastest, safest drying times in the industry. We also verify with a hygrometer to ensure the rug is completely dry
- Polishing – The Tumble Duster is used to provide a finishing polish for your rug. The same tumbling action used to remove dust and debris also provides a wonderfully soft hand and beautiful sheen to the textile. Note: it is similar to putting a clean, clothes line dried shirt into the clothes dryer for a few minutes to soften the fibers.
- Final Inspection – After all cleaning has been completed and the multiple cleaning steps inspections. All rugs go through a final inspection conducted by the General Manager and our Certified Master Rug Cleaning Technician to ensure the best possible cleaning results have been obtained prior to being wrapped for final delivery.
And that’s it! Your rug has now been given the most effective and complete spa-like treatment available. You have extended its life for generations to come and returned it to a healthy and safe condition.
SUPERIOR EQUIPMENT YEILDS SUPERIOR RESULTS
Contact The Oriental/Area Rug Cleaning and Restoration Experts Today!
Professional Area Rug Washing Stafford VA | Oriental Rug Washing Fredericksburg VA
Area Rug Cleaning Stafford VA | Oriental Rug Cleaning Fredericksburg VA.
Experience The MADI MAES Rug Washing Difference!